mudflaps

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

do pumas look better with or without mudflaps, thinking of getting some but not sure, if i did, are they easy to fit

With - as long as they are the Ford OEM ones.

They will be my next addition.

I liked the old cannon ones on my old racing puma.. really though it's up to you whether you think it looks better or not since you have to look at it?

puma74 said:
[post]350374[/post] do pumas look better with or without mudflaps, thinking of getting some but not sure, if i did, are they easy to fit
With for me, and if you're after a full new set there's some in the parts for sale: http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=29516 if still available?

I think the mud flaps do enhance the look of the puma, and do an excellent job of protecting the paintwork. I had a 07 plate fiesta ST a few years ago and ford flaps won't fit so I had to fit some awful looking rally slag things. I can only imagine that's what FRP owners have to do as well.

I agree they look better on..when they fit properly u like mine. As you can see mine are a bit contorted and I've tried putting them straight with an extra bolt and clip in the top but I just can't get them to sit right :( I don't have the same issue with the rear ones they still sit perfectly..Does anyone know of (if there is) an easy way to put these back in shape?
Hannah.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 8,342
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 8,342
ArtfulHussy said:
[post]350966[/post] At the risk of sounding daft.. are you sure these aren't for the rear?
Do you know what? I have no idea! Probably not so daft after all eh..they were on when I bought it and hadn't crossed my mind to check :? Managed to salvage the n/s not so long back (sadly the other was missing) so will compare them tomorrow.
Hannah

I just know from experience cause I had half a dozen mudflaps kicking around and when I was trying to make a set I couldn't for the life of me get a front to fit.

Didn't twig until my other half watched me fight with it for a while before pointing out that it looked like it belonged on the back...

They look pretty similar between front and back and, from one of your photos, I can see a line in the mud which kinds looks like it would fit nicely with the curve of the rear bumper!

Having taken the offside one off my puma this morning and compared it to the one I salvaged it appears that they are in fact the same, even so that the one I salvaged is contorted in the same manner. The rear ones have a more extended tip as they sit higher up the arch. I'm guessing over time that they go hard and less flexible, kinda like tyres?! How on earth am I gonna straighten these out?

Roomy said:
[post]350965[/post] I agree they look better on..when they fit properly u like mine. As you can see mine are a bit contorted and I've tried putting them straight with an extra bolt and clip in the top but I just can't get them to sit right
I fitted my Ford front ones at the start of 2014 (apparently they don't sell them any longer) and I noticed that the fit wasn't perfect, out of the pack.

So, I had the fixings in place ready and then put each mudflap in a carrier bag (to keep it dry) and then into a bucket of near boiling water. Leave for 10 minutes and then, wearing gloves, tweak them where needed and then fit. I got 100% good fit on the bottom sill curve and a 90% good fit on that tall pointy part and 100% on the very top part..

If I was doing them again, I'd squeeze the right angle on the top part more to get a tighter fit on the bodywork part above the sill. Even so, I'm only a few mm away there and they look OK.

I've got a brand new set of Ford Puma Mud Flaps, somewhere in the garage. I'll have a look later, and post pics of them unfitted. Also, I think I have a new set of the Cannon ones, if I have, I'll take pics of them as well.

Latest posts

Back