03 reg Puma , any such thing.

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redexr

My 02 runabout red is only 3 weeks short of being a 52 reg, but was built in June 01. Being a,Base model I suspect it was a bit hard to sell compared with the lux models. I have seen a few 52 plate cars but has anyone ever seen an 03 reg. Any such car would be quite a good show car gimmic. Bit like the G reg mk2 fiestas and R reg mk3 Fiestas.

Quite a gap on yours - and also a very early Thunder.

Production ceased 11th December 2001 so anything 02 plate must have waited at least until the following March and anything 52 the following September.

No reason why one couldn't have gone unregistered for 15 months but I'm not aware of any.

There are rumors of 03, 53 and even one 04 registered but I've never actually seen a photo of one.

There was an 08 registered one too but it was a completely custom, new shell.

gallery_17914_1_71613.jpg

Looks like it may have had a plate change though as this doesn't seem to exist now. It was featured in Fast Ford and Redline (E131).

I am sure i've seen an 03 Puma on the road, but it could be my mind playing tricks on me. Also I remember a while back my mum asking me when they stopped making them because she saw a really late plate one time, but it could have been a 52.

I've seen an 03 plate one, new at the dealer I worked at. It was green with no A/C so it was very hard to shift.

According to the 'how many left' site there were only 56 new registrations in 2003 (across the six models they list, including 2 millenniums) although this will include any 52 plates registered in Jan/Feb

red said:
[post]359561[/post] There are rumors of 03, 53 and even one 04 registered but I've never actually seen a photo of one.

There was an 08 registered one too but it was a completely custom, new shell.

gallery_17914_1_71613.jpg

Looks like it may have had a plate change though as this doesn't seem to exist now. It was featured in Fast Ford and Redline (E131).

Are there more photos of this somewhere on the web? I'm really liking those wheels!

oilburner said:
[post]359571[/post] I've seen an 03 plate one, new at the dealer I worked at. It was green with no A/C so it was very hard to shift.

I think that's also the reason my red one was sold so late as it has no air con or heated screen or lecky mirrors.I have the original bill of sale and it was about £11,000.

The later ones seem to do worse for spec, I've had a few through 02 and 52 and as you say, no AC, clear screen and manual mirrors.

May be a manufacturing reason for it or just poor planning on behalf of whoever was going to be selling them.

[ref]JAC[/ref], yes, all of the photos are over in the Puma People gallery. The OP (pbartrip) did not post any information other than photos but there's some info in the magazine articles from memory if you can find them.

Thanks red, unfortunately I can't view individualy photos in the gallery, I get a:

[#10747] Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available.

Even though I am logged in. I will see if I can find the article online or something.

No idea why everything on that web site is so locked down, I did try and open it all up but obviously missed some of it

Latest posts

Back