Front Wishbone Bushes??? Help Needed!!!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FordPuma_Shearer

Hi, after my car was serviced, i got a report say that my bushes need changing, but i want to get some POWERFLEX Bushes. I have heard that these are better.

I cant make out which one's i need to buy, the service report says as i quote " Front Wishbone Bushes Separted, adv 2 arms"

So does anyone know what this means and if i need some bushes on the powerflex website, which ones do i need!
http://www.powerflex.co.uk/products/Pum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... 210/1.html
There a 4 to choose from but which ones do i need to buy or can i get them all done at once. And buy all 4 on here.

And finally why is it better to buy powerflex over a standard bush, just out of interest.

The common ones to go on a puma 1st are labelled "2" on the powerflex website link you've put up. It may be the ones labelled "1" as well although the "2" ones go 1st in my experience.

They are stiffer than a standard bush making, especially the rear, feel more planted on the road as there's less wobble in the setup. Some people think it makes the ride noisier but I've never experienced that.

Hope that helps.

:eek:k:

Its something im after. Theyre not that expensive to buy, circa £120, but fitting them is a pain. You need a good garage, pumaspeed charge £160 iirc.

As Dal says, it's normally the Front Wishbone Lower Rear Bushes (PFF19-702):

Choice is either Powerflex:
http://www.pumaspeed.co.uk/showdetails.php?id=196" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
or uprated Ford bushes, as sold by Pumaspeed/Pumabuild:
http://www.pumaspeed.co.uk/showdetails.php?id=70" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

From what I understand, the uprated Ford bush would be cheaper direct from Ford, but no-one seems to know the Finis Code.

Regarding Powerflex being noiser, it is relative to how bad (and therefore noisy) your original bushes are. If they are knackered, then they will be noisier and Powerflex may sound similar. I replaced my originals for full Powerflex at 11,500 miles (still in good condition) and they definately transmit more noise. The upside is much tighter handling and longer life.

Two things to consider if replacing all the bushes:
1. To ensure a correct fit if using either of the above front rear bushes, you need to have Ford Front Lower Wishbones. Most pattern parts appear to be manufactured to different tolerances. Powerflex actually have a warning on their website:
"(NON FORD FRONT ARMS can have poor quality bushings that fail after 18 months.They can also be a different size to the powerflex or original Ford items and therefore can never have the bushes retro fitted)."
You will also need something to press them in correctly.
2. If you intend to fit lowering springs/suspension, do it at the same time, saves a lot of work overall and you will only need to re-track once.

Back