Millie alloys / 9 spoke ?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Colin Lyndon

Hello all.
I have just bought a Millie. One of the alloys is badly kerbed. Are standard 9 spoke puma alloys the same as a Millie alloy ?
Also I understand the shade silver is different on the millennium.
Any info about the alloy colour/ shade design difference much appreciated. Also if anyone has a Vgc spare Millie alloy for sale
Please contact me. Thanks in advance. Colin.

Firstly, well done on your purchase
Millie alloys are specific to the millie as the ordinary 9 spokes are a slightly different shade I believe

Colin Lyndon said:
[post]368582[/post] Hello all.
Are standard 9 spoke puma alloys the same as a Millie alloy ?
Also I understand the shade silver is different on the millennium.
Any info about the alloy colour/ shade design difference much appreciated. Also if anyone has a Vgc spare Millie alloy for sale
Please contact me. Thanks in advance. Colin.

Yes, the physical alloy is exactly the same - style, size etc. It's only the shade that's different.

I asked a couple of Ford dealers over the years for the paint code but they all said they'd just match it to existing and didn't know a specific code.

Thanks for the info.
The chances of getting a genuine Millie alloy in good condition is low.
Looks like I will have to buy a normal 9 spoke and try to get it colour matched with my originals.
If you know of anyone with a good spare Millie alloy please contact me.
Thanks again. Colin.

could you not simply get all 4 refurbed (or just the one if the others are ok) by a good alloy wheel place that way they all match

Colin Lyndon said:
[post]368592[/post] Thanks for the info.
The chances of getting a genuine Millie alloy in good condition is low.
Looks like I will have to buy a normal 9 spoke and try to get it colour matched with my originals.
If you know of anyone with a good spare Millie alloy please contact me.
Thanks again. Colin.

Gonna look in the garage later - I'll let you know what I find ;)

Yes zinc I have thought of what you said. How good do these alloy wheel refurbs look like, would take a lot of work to refurb my damaged one. Thank you both for your help. The Millie I bought is a one owner 31 k car . One rear arch needs work, a few digs and dings, but underneath is spot on. Very pleased overall. Original Millie mats ,full documented history. Needs a cambelt change.
But once all this is done I will have a beauty. Only thing spoke to the original owner he didn't apply for his build number badge & keyring. Shame.

Found 3 millie alloys in the garage loft space:

39735128610_a64a487f66_h.jpg

39735135460_83ceac8e47_h.jpg

39735132030_a0382f4a8d_h.jpg

26675156227_8237bdd5c6_h.jpg

41503094412_207ede29eb_h.jpg

Dunno about the condition of the lacquer or anything as they're pretty dusty. Any in better condition to what you have maybe?

How can you have 3 alloys just laying around? 2 fine, 4 even better but 3? what happened to number 4? and your garage has a loft space!!!! :grin:

zinc2000 said:
[post]368604[/post] How can you have 3 alloys just laying around? 2 fine, 4 even better but 3? what happened to number 4? and your garage has a loft space!!!! :grin:
Had a spare set of 4, put one as a spare on Cherie's Millie - forgot about it when we traded it in. :'(

Dal said:
[post]368600[/post]...
Dunno about the condition of the lacquer or anything as they're pretty dusty. Any in better condition to what you have maybe?
I'm fairly sure that the lacquer has peeled off in places on one of them, but it's a few years since I last looked at them in any detail! :pinkeye:

Latest posts

Back