Accident

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got caught out on the ice coming round a bend, hit a lamp post and went in a ditch and through someones fence

Im ok by the way, car aint.

I know its that im ok and thats all that matters but i cant see that right now

glad to hear it is only the kat that is damaged - the car can be replaced

do give us more info/pics if you can - we've all had mishaps at one time or another

02022009210.jpg

02022009209.jpg

02022009208.jpg

02022009213.jpg

02022009212.jpg

i only did the driveshafts yesterday

They cost me £200 parts and to fit
The recovery truck tonight was £177

Nearly £400 my car has cost me this weekend, no money to fix it and aint got a clue how i get to work tommorow to earn money to fix it

Arrghh! Sorry to see this Ben (i know that means jack all to you) a timely reminder to take it easy in the snow (not saying you werent, just saying!) You repairing it? Any idea on damage/cost etc?
Give us a PM etc if you fancy a moan or need a hand with anything mate.

Glad you're ok too (again, I know this wont help you right now)

With all the parts ive listed so far in the wanted section http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?t=3263" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
After serching ebay, getting and a highest estimate (preparing for the worst i will have to pay) for each part, the total £200 in parts.

So this month my puma will of cost me £600!!!

I dont now how much of that work i can do on my own so unless my mates will help for free i aint getting done any tme soon, yet i kinda need to because i need to go to work

Has it not damages the chassis at the front and or front axel etc? I thought the damage would be more severe?

Well we will see tomorow!!!!

The front axle is pretty much the drive shaft and the bits ive mentioned,

So far thats all i can see, will strip it all tomorow and will look at every part very thoroughly. And a good look at the chassis

Im praying that thats all that i need because if its more, its sadly going to get broken, unless someone wants a project for a sensible price (which i would prefer over breaking it)

benking said:
Well we will see tomorow!!!!

The front axle is pretty much the drive shaft and the bits ive mentioned,

So far thats all i can see, will strip it all tomorow and will look at every part very thoroughly. And a good look at the chassis

Im praying that thats all that i need because if its more, its sadly going to get broken, unless someone wants a project for a sensible price (which i would prefer over breaking it)

yeh, I was just thinking that it the damage is bad then, with pumas not worth a great deal, might be worth considering other options. I guess it depends also if you particularly want this car up and running again. If you're not too fussed then maybe save yourself the work.

I'm really sorry to hear about your puma, must be terrible for you at the moment.

I nearly binned mine tonight, awful weather, all the roads around my area, completely snow under and no gritters even came out last night.

Makes you wonder why we pay council tax and other rates.

Glad to hear your ok though!

I could of cried tonight, was heart breaking.

Did driveshafts yesterday and exhaust saturday, was starting to fall in love with it again last night and today, becaause it was working properly. After it has caused me so many problems so far this year. Ive spent close to £800 so far this year on this car and now have this.

Dont want to drve that one again, understandably

Just fed up :(

benking said:
I could of cried tonight, was heart breaking.

Did driveshafts yesterday and exhaust saturday, was starting to fall in love with it again last night and today, becaause it was working properly. After it has caused me so many problems so far this year. Ive spent close to £800 so far this year on this car and now have this.

Dont want to drve that one again, understandably

Just fed up :(

Typical it happens just after you'd done that work on it. Wait until you know the damage and take it from there.

I'm very sorry to hear this, you must be absoutely gutted. I would definetly be in your situation.
It's good that you're OK though & although you don't necessary feel that way now.
Hopefully the damage is not too extensive, - not twisted the chassis.
I suppose it depends on how bad the damage & cost is to repair, or the other option of breaking her. I hope that you can repair her.>Hug<
Hopefully your mates will rally round & help you fix your Kat.
Also is there anyone who'd be able to give you a lift to & from work?

Hi Ben,

Im so sorry to hear about your crash, glad your okay tho, thats the main thing.

Hopefully your car is repairable it funny how attached you can be to them isnt it? And especially after spending the money on her, I know what your going through, I had a veccy and spent over £600 getting her right and then someone ran into it and wrote her off!!

Thats how I ended up with a Puma :)

I really hope your car is repairable, keep us updated and let us know whats happening, and I hope you manage to get to work okay.

<hugs>

Kat

Sorry Ben mate :(

I know how it feels to lose a car on a corner in ice, it's not nice at all!

If there's anything we can do to help mate, just let us know!

Back