450 mile round trip, 43mpg!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grogee

Didn't realise my 1.7 was so efficient, I've only been driving it around country roads (and enjoying the noise) but just driven to Devon and back from Midlands at indicated 70-80mph on the motorway and it's returned 43mpg! Surprised how quiet it was too, I thought 4000rpm was going to drive me nuts but it was fine (aftermarket stereo helps).

Normally more like 35mpg when I'm just going around A and B roads.

That's similar mpg as to what I get from mine at those speeds, so at least you know the cars running as it should.
With that in mind, the Puma is a good package overall, with a trade off between performance and economy. Iirc, people on this site have had over 48 mpg travelling at under 60mph in the past.

Hi.
I have just done a mileage check and was surprised to find over the test distance of 332 miles of mixed driving but 80% on dual carriage way at 60-70 mph I got 50mpg.

Regards
Richard

500+ on a full tank (503 or 508 - I forget, it may have been 503.8, no idea why I think that :lol:), full being almost spilling out of filIer to stopping on side of the road & then having to add fuel from a can I took with me on the "range test" :lol:

I did a post about it somewhere on here years ago - again, I think.

If I remember correctly it equated to almost 52mpg - errm, yup, I think :roll:

EDIT:- yup, 503.7 miles I managed on a full tank. Checked the mileage site link in my sig & I'd done 516 miles by the time I got to a garage to fill up which took an additional 40.27 litres for total of 45.27 litres for 516 miles. Which equates to 51.8mpg. :-D

I did 748 miles in 5 days to Pembrokeshire in mine a couple of weeks ago and thought it had done well at 45.4 MPG.
It was about 300 miles of dual carriageway and lots of minor roads.
The "spares" Thunder I brought back from near Cardiff, averaged 43.2 over 200 miles and that was with the coolant sensor being intermittent. As its fuel gauge isn't working I have to fill it up every 200 miles or so. Done 220 miles in it this week, so will be interested to see what it's done with just local driving. (If it passes another MOT in a weeks time I'll fix the fuel gauge, as it has the wrong sender unit)

Latest posts

Back