Puma may make a return......

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ia0196

As a freaking crossover suv....

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/ford-puma-tipped-return-compact-suv

:-(

Heard it all before. Every few years a new puma is rumored, same as a new capri. If it is an SUV like it says then its just a cash-in on the name.

DradusContact said:
Heard it all before. Every few years a new puma is rumored, same as a new capri.

Umm...

55860868_10157281354831458_8675869603328425984_o.jpg

56225997_10157281482436458_3639745970293440512_n.jpg

56723951_10157281495966458_2548124111540846592_o.jpg

https://twitter.com/christhall/status/1113141107347664902

Will Puma SUV owners be welcome on Project Puma? :lol:

Larger than an Ecosport, smaller than a Kuga apparently - based on the Fiesta chassis.

D26ZOZZXcAAvg81.jpg

Why couldn't they have just used another name?

The Ford Juke / T-Roc.

Looks like the days of the small fun Coupe are over. :(

Dal said:
Larger than an Ecosport, smaller than a Kuga apparently - based on the Fiesta chassis.

D26ZOZZXcAAvg81.jpg

That’s a badly-photoshopped Mazda CX-3:

Dynamic%2BBlue%2Bmica.jpg

Hi, i left Comau just when this project came in 2 years ago... Was rumored to be the puma, and i was hoping not, was too big and nothing in common with the lovely history... Unfortunately by the time i changed the job, the name was registered as a trademark. So the so called Bronco, got named as Puma... I saw the car in live, at least the body in white... unfortunately i don't know the project code, and would not divulge it online anyway due to copyrights, but yeah... this is the new puma...

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/ford/106497/ford-puma-name-returns-on-juke-rivalling-small-suv

What we do know is that it’ll feature the 48-volt mild hybrid technology that will also find its way into the Fiesta and Focus.

The hybrid system works with Ford’s award-winning 1.0-litre EcoBoost engine. A belt-driven integrated starter/generator will grab energy from the braking system and feed it into a 48-volt lithium-ion air-cooled battery pack. The generator never actually powers the car on its own, but provides a welcome boost to torque to up performance and lower emissions. There’s no word yet on the latter, but power is rated at 153bhp and torque at 240NM with 50NM of that coming from the integrated generator system.

:zzz:

This has made me realise that somewhere along the line we seem to have lost the face palm emoji?

Fords official page - bit sparse at the moment, but says more information coming Summer 2019:

https://www.ford.co.uk/future-vehicles/puma

IMHO Ford need not bother with it. Or just call it something else: dog maybe, cos that is what it is likely to be: a dog..... :(

It looks to me like this:

'We are in shit and need to make a new model. It will be some crossover crap, as market demands (people are idiots) it.
Hummm, how to call it? (dials a phone to some internal Department; 'what name has the best legacy? What model was/is being held in highest regards?'
Errrm, perhaps puma, sir. But that was a coupe....
'Never mind that! Puma? Sounds fine. Good, it will be another puma! It is settled, then!')
ANd, at the next product meeting comes with Eureka moment. IT can be called puma! The name is known, has a strong following.

But, sir, puma was a coupe?

Never mind that, this will be the crossover, so a bit of everything, and that means a bit of coupe as well....

:'(

Really annoyed me. Hope it has nothing to do with their electrical vehicle lineup. If they made it light enough, with the handling surpassing the Puma along with a massive engine (tuneable) Then I would consider it at least worth a look.

Whats with all these fake SUV shite in the EU car market...Pretty sure it started with the Qashquai years ago.
Underpowered cars that "look" big. Its the take your kids to work car.

Dal said:

D26ZOZZXcAAvg81.jpg

Why couldn't they have just used another name?

The Ford Juke / T-Roc.

Looks like the days of the small fun Coupe are over. :(

Here's hoping they don't completely balls it up like the EcoSport. I wouldn't have given this a second glance, but giving it the Puma badge is unforgivable for a stupid fashion-y crossover. Call it anything else.

Checked, the date, checked the sources and I'm thinking they are going bonkers with these names!
Already a Puma, already a Kuga, WTF?!
Ford seem to be imploding by offering too many models (unless it is acceptable in terms of manufacturing modularisation, but still!).

It doesn't capture any of the spirit of it's predecessor. And yet, it probably won't be treated as disposable as the Puma has wound up becoming in the past decade.

Ed

Here's the latest pic. TBH, it doesn't really bother me. It even looks quite good for a crossover.

But internet searches are going to get a whole lot more difficult...
2019-ford-puma-suv-render.jpg

Latest posts

Back