window motor/regulator

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mach1

Finally got a passenger side window motor & regulator!

I didn't want to take the old one out until I got another so took it out today. Tested the old motor with the battery & it ended up being Ok. It was the regulator wire which had come off the top pulley which had part of the side broken.

Went to trial fit the new one, plugged in the motor &.........nothing!!!

Took it out, tested the motor & it was fine.

Was a bit confused as I'd tested the circuit at the start and found power...... but realised it must have just been for the switch light.

I was going to buy a couple of new switches but prised the driver's one out and found that the passenger side one had been disconnected - not sure why.

Anyway power now all good - just waiting for a pop rivet gun to arrive so I can, finally, fully fit the new one - unless any one can see why I couldn't just use bolts?

If you use bolts they will catch on the carriage that takes the window up and down. When you find suitable rivets make sure that the squashed bit at the back doesn't protrude too far and catches on the carriage as a bolt would.
Barry

Hi Barry,

Yes, was going to watch that but thought if I put the head of the bolt inside it wouldn't stick out anymore.
Not going to be a problem as I've ordered a Pop rivet gun and will do it as Mr Ford intended!

Mark

Latest posts

Back