New Model Ford Puma coming December 2019

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SPENSPUMA

https://www.ford.co.uk/cars/new-puma

What do people think about this? Personally I'm surprised they've used the Puma name seeing as the car is as far from a small sporty coupe as you could get.

It started being discussed here back in April.

Like you say, it's nothing like 'our' Puma, a 3 door only sporty coupe versus a 5 door cross-over.. They could have at least spelt the name wrong like Kuga and Cougar to make finding it more straight forward.

Taking it as it's own vehicle and not as a successor to a MKI Puma it doesn't look too bad, it's got some nice features, but it's mainly there to plug a gap in the competition. Now there's what? an EcoSport, Puma, Kuga and Edge? Is it really needed? Not sure.

A quick search suggests the 'Puma' may replace the EcoSport.

I'm not a fan of SUVs in general but this new Puma doesn't look too bad to me, like a baby Jag E-Pace. I'm sure it'll do quite well.

I too am confused a bit by the plethora of SUVs on offer from Ford - not only is there the Ecosport, Kuga and Edge as mentioned by Red, but you've also got Fiesta 'Active' and Focus 'Active' (slightly raised suspension, black plastic bodywork additions).

I think you're right, this Puma will occupy the space where the Ecosport was - itself a Brazilian product not really suited for Europe.

Generally speaking, Ford are pretty competent with their reading of the market so I can only surmise that The People want many different flavours of SUV, but not necessarily with any off-road ability.

In the real world I guess it makes sense, easy to get in and out of, lots of room for kids, good visibility and a big boot. Not for me though.

Should have called it a Poomore.All thes friggin cars ,crossovers,SUVs,Active .They all look the same and manufacturers telling us what fun they are to drive.I will just stick with my bunch of old bangers.

It can only be good for our cars status and values as it will reignite memories for old owners who realise they would like another now the kids are gone and they don't need a people carrier just to do the shopping run.....but they'll be in for a shock, they've nearly all vanished and that will invoke the supply and demand rule of rising values.

It will do a job and suit plenty of people but I think I'll give it a miss.
Parkers report on it here: https://www.parkers.co.uk/cars-coming-soon/2019/ford-puma-2019-specs-and-tech

Latest posts

Back