Unusual first post: help required

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VX220

Hi All,

Just asking for a couple of minutes of someone's time...

I need to buy another car to replace my MR2 as I'm currently doing a fair bit of running around for my old dad (he has dementia, and I'm "paying back" all those Dad-taxi moments of my youth) and it's too much for him getting in and out of the MR2.

The favour I'd like to ask is, could someone be so kind as to measure how high the seat base is in their Puma?

I still want to drive something "interesting", things are a bit tight financially, and I've always liked the Puma.

Thanking you in advance

Hi
Sorry I can't give you the standard height of the seat base as I have different seats but what I can tell you is that if your Father is over about 5' 7" and not watching what he is doing he could bang his head on the entry to the car (roofline). It's real easy to do and it hurts.
Barry

tuonokid said:
Hi
Sorry I can't give you the standard height of the seat base as I have different seats but what I can tell you is that if your Father is over about 5' 7" and not watching what he is doing he could bang his head on the entry to the car (roofline). It's real easy to do and it hurts.
Barry

Thanks for the reply. 5' 7" would have been a problem a couple of years ago, but it's amazing how people shrink as they get older!

I hadn't thought about his head, so thanks for bringing it up. He's never hit his head in the MR2, but it's a long way down. Since my original post, he's actually kind of fallen out of my wife's car (a Peugeot 107) so I'm not sure seat height alone is the answer, but the MR2 is too low for my old mum as well so it's got to go I'm afraid

Thanks again

I used to have a Grand C-Max and it was fantastic for getting in and out of. Sure the standard C-Max is the same. You didnt have to step up or down to get in it, it was just at the right height.

Latest posts

Back