LED lights main beams

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgpuma

Hi Guys,

does any of you know a decent site where to find proper LED lights as main beams.
Problem is that there are so many different sellers regarding LED lights so i thought its best to chck if any of you had any expirience with LED lights so far.
I did a search in the forum but couldnt any hits.
Help would be appreciated.

cheers Jeroen

I tried a few years ago, but LED brightness & quality was not that great. Could not at the time find anything that matched the light/lumen output of standard filament bulbs!

I have no idea what sort of LED technology is out there now. I would suggest searching on YouTube for videos about LED headlight bulbs/LED conversions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPcE-fWHmww just for a little taster...

I work in a parts shop and the boss got in a pack of each of the top LED bulbs and took them home to test in his wifes C3. He just swapped the passenger side so he could compare them with the standard bulbs and they all were worse than the standard bulbs. Hes Mercedes has LEDs in the headlights and they work very well but then the light units are designed for LEDs

I've used a company called Autobulbsdirect.co.uk or abd.co.uk and have used the twenty20 led bulb replacements with good results. Wasn't in a puma but similar projector style lense, had a good cut off and light output.

Latest posts

Back