My puma won't start anymore

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yandel

Hi,

So it all started a little after a car wash. The car just doesn't start. First I noticed that that fuel pump doesn't start. I replaced it, still didn't start. So I tested both of them separately and noticed they work properly. Which took me to the cutoff switch. Tought it was faulty, removed it and tried to bypass it. That's where I noticed the problem. One of those 2 wires makes the fuel pump start. That one works properly, the fuel pump starts if external power is given to it. However, the other one, doesn't have any power in it. The wire itself is good but I noticed it sticks to another wire, that is blue/purple and comes out of the computer. That one is the main problem. But where does it go and what could be the problem ?

Hi Yandel
When you say
Yandel said:
So it all started a little after a car wash
Do you mean after a jet wash of the engine bay, if so there is a possibility that you have got condensation /water ingress into some of the engine connectors e.g the coilpack or the injection rail connectors.

There is also a crankshaft sensor that reads off the flywheel , sited on a 1.7 behind the starter motor , it is possible that is located in a similar position on a 1.4 . If you follow the wire coming from that check that connector for water ingress.
I would recomend you purchase an OBD 2 code reader, Autel are ok as that may throw up some fault codes. :thumbs:

Also the main relay for the fuel pump is located in the engine bay fusebox,maybe water ingress or a blown fuse?

Latest posts

Back