Anyone know this car?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VX220

Hi, all

Does anyone happen to know this car?

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1243565

Expensive, I know, but I'm after a fun daily without licence - losing power!

Thanks in advance

Hi, don't know it but it certainly sounds nice. I note the cambelt is quoted in miles, it would be worth checking the age of it as the interval was reduced 10 years to 5 years.

Might be a trick of the light but the bonnet and front bumper appear to be a different colour to the rest of the car, I'd check just how 'cherished' it has been and how much bodywork it's had. For that price I'd expect original and near mint.

The MOT history looks ok and backs up the milage, the only questionable thing is that it had advisories several years in a row for worn tyres and had done very little milage in between so the owner obviously hadn't changed them and was happy to drive it on worn tyres.

It's heartening to see the value for this car, but I would demand to see the car up on a ramp before handing over £3500. It would have to be completely rot-free for that money. One would hope the dealer has that facility.

From the pictures it seems to have front and rear mudflaps which is good news as the fronts protect the sills from stonechipping and consequent rust. It may well have not done much mileage between MoTs but if it's been sat outside it will rust as fast as a £500 car, in the usual areas: rear floor, rear suspension mounts, inner rear arches etc.

Minor point too, it says 2002 car but that will be a 2001MY car on a 2002 registration. AFAIK production ended in 2001 so even if it were registered in July 2002, it would have sat on a dealer's lot, outdoors and unregistered for at least 6 months.

There were quite a few that ended up being 2002 registered. I heard rumours of even 2003 and 2004 but as you say 2001 was the last time they were built.

Well, no longer advertised, not sure how much it sold for.

Any other very nice 1.7s for sale?

I don't mind subtle modifications, but need to keep back seats so no cages or fixed buckets (well, maybe a driver's side fixed bucket)

Latest posts

Back