Bilstein b3 recomendations

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pugmanaught

Evening all.

So having acquired a 2000 1.7 Regular Puma in the summer one of its rear shocks has started leaking whilst in storage over the winter.As I want to avoid a potential broken front spring taking out a tyre scenario(Seen it so many times at work doing roadside assistance admittedly on later Fiesta mk5s) its prompting a suspension overhaul.I gather Eibach are hens teeth rare now so has anyone used Bilstein b3 as a good light OE upgrade? Potentially with standard Monroe shocks..

Update on this.
I ended up using Monroe shocks, springs and matching bump stops , gaiters.For the record the rear Monroe gaiters/Bumpstops are a terrible fit with the Monroe shocks as are very slack on the body and the rods. Ended up refitting the original ford items.20210220_173500.jpg
20210220_163253.jpg
Also the rear rebound is too stiff in my opinion as when pushing down on the car ,the shocks slow the recovery far too much making it quiet choppy on the road.Might look into a rear pair of new gen Ford items I'm seeing on ebay ...20210220_163229.jpg

Latest posts

Back