how to get water and condensation from front head light

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hammers74

hi all,

hopefully someone can tell me how to remove water and condensation from the passenger front head light unit and tell me if it can be sealed to prevent this from happening again.

cheers

marcus

I found pouring little cup of petrol and rinsing out, leave to dry and make sure the drains are clean.

Although the above recommendations provide a workaround , it is far better to carry out the following procedure .
remove the headlight and there is a rectangular black piece of plastic (Similar to the width of a wooden clothes peg)

Remove this and there is a fine mesh filter (like in your kettle) blow this out with an airline using approx. 5 psi so as not to damage it & refit, as it will be blocked and full of dust . Refit the headlight and ensure to refit the drain tube.

The headlight will still gather condensation when parked up ,but will now self clear when you drive the car.

Refer to the "How to" section of this forum, for Headlight removal.

There is an article about headlight removal procedure , I can't however recall anyone else apart from me, mentioning that filter.
Hope that helps you all :thumbs: :)

From memory there is a bolt at the top by the wing for each headlight. Grille has to come off, also 2 screws. Then possibly 2 more screws behind grille, can't remember. But there's definitely a slider thing that you have to press to remove the headlight. Then it just lifts out, you'll need to disconnect wires of course.

Latest posts

Back