Puma kick plate

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GKD007

Hi all,
I am doing some corrosion repair work on our very good condition 20 year old Pumas drivers side sill to bring it back to new but I need a new replacement scuff plate to fit back on. Does anyone have this kick plate please that I can have? Thank you for your assistance.

I bought new ones online for about £30, I think they were a genuine Ford accessory.

Here you go:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/123585784984

Thanks for that link grogee. I have looked at those but I am trying to get the original ford puma ford kick plate only for drivers side so it remains original and matches the original nearside. Doing some work on the offside sill and the kick plate needs to be replaced as can't be saved. There seems to be none about any more including body panels should one ever need one.

grogee said:
I bought new ones online for about £30, I think they were a genuine Ford accessory.

Here you go:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/123585784984

I have bought those end of last week and fitted to both sides of our Puma today so not odd, passenger side was like new but changed to match. They look really good, excellent buy when needed. 👍

I used the Lockwood ones on mine, wasn't over impressed with the fit, but quality was excellent. On washing the sills I found water was getting underneath them, so after a week or so drying out, I sealed them with clear silicone, which seems to have sealed them ok.

I removed the adhesive strips from my Lockwood kick-plates, and fastened them on with Velcro. They can now be removed, to wash away any dirt underneath them.

John Woodward said:
I used the Lockwood ones on mine, wasn't over impressed with the fit, but quality was excellent. On washing the sills I found water was getting underneath them, so after a week or so drying out, I sealed them with clear silicone, which seems to have sealed them ok.

Ours fitted ok and used tape as it came on them. Sills are very good so any minor water it may trap won’t do them any harm. Would have liked to have kept to original plates but these look good and give greater protection.

Latest posts

Back