Once Upon A Time.

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RICHARD MANSFIELD2

Hi, This a true story.

Once upon a time in a leafy suburb of North London lived a sweet lady who owned a black 2000 Puma of 80K miles. She cherished this car and it was cosseted and wanted for nothing. She had owned her pride and joy for twelve years and saw herself never being parted from it. Then one day a nasty government body decided to extend the pollution control zone, sadly this covered the area she lived. This was devastating she was beside herself. Because her Puma did not meet the new requirements she was forced to find another loving home for her pride and joy and sell it.

I know this to be true as I have spoken to the new owner who live just round the corner from me. This is not right is it. The fact that legislation can be bought in and cover retrospectively a twenty one year old classic car. Where does it stop.

Regards
Richard.

Sadly, this type of government overreach is becoming more and more common in the Social Media Era as too many people are afraid of running afoul of the "popular kids".
Even in the US we are seeing more and more "Legislation by good idea" without any concern for unintended consequences.

Latest posts

Back