Multiple AC issues (related?)

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fefu17

So the AC in my 2000 Puma works fine until I get stuck behind traffic or when I push it a bit to the limit :grin: . In both these cases, it starts blowing up boiling hot air. When traffic clears etc., cold air returns slowly. Today I also noticed condensation/water dripping on the passenger carpet. Before all this, I bought the car with the airbag light on and when I had it checked, the electrician said that it looks like the airbag module (close to where water was dripping) got wet at some point and needs to be replaced. I'm suspecting all these are related?

I already bought a new heater control valve but before replacing it I would like to make sure it's the culprit and what else might be worth checking.

Thanks!

Symptoms sound like HCV unit needs replacing so start there. There may be an A/C cutoff if full throttle is demanded, not sure about that but it would be an ECU request.

I had the dribbling condensation onto carpet. I cured it by getting underneath the car and blowing compressed air into the little rubber drain tube that hangs down near the exhaust.

It might be possible to do this the other way (ie from inside the car) but I haven't tried that.

Thanks, problems solved now. I replaced the HCV unit, cleaned the drain tube and also the condenser :grin:

Latest posts

Back