Serpentine belt replace (need help)

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lorenzo Zaga

Good morning guys, hope a great day to everybody, finally in my puma i have replaced the coolant hoses with a samco kit, the thermostat with its housing and the hcv, to do all of this job, i have removed the alternator, but without remove the serpentine belt, now i have replace the alternator but i can't put it back the belt... because i have done the work in normal mode, without lifting the car, anyone knowns how can i do? Can i do it from above the car? Thanks :)

How about this?

https://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?p=377806#p377806

It's most commonly referred to as the auxiliary 'aux' belt on here.

You might be able to do it by jacking the car up on the front right, taking the wheel off and removing the splash shield. You will then be able to get to the aux belt tensioner which I think is a 15mm head. Once you've positioned the belt you slacken tensioner and slide it over the idler (I think). I struggled with this so search for 'aux belt' and there are some helpful tips on that thread. Good luck

Hello guys, the problem has been solved!!! :lol: strong hands and a crowbar, i have done the work from above, put the belt first in the alternator but excluding the little pulley at the middle,and with the crowbar slipped under the little pulley, now i add the coolant fluid and the work is done, i have a last question, how much i have to tighten the little plastic tap in the bottom of the radiator? Thanks :)

Latest posts

Back