Fitting 260mm discs on early puma

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fefu17

My discs are due for replacement and since it's a late 99 model, they're the smaller 240mm. My previous 1.7 was also an early model and braking never felt very reassuring given the power :-(

I want to keep the 15 inch prop wheels so I'm thinking of going 260mm plus braided brake lines and EBC green stuff pads. Do I just need to change the calipers without any mods? Are they still easily/cheaply available and are they also found in other Ford models (given Pumas are almost extinct in Malta)?

Also is there any benefit in going for grooved/drilled discs for road use?

Finally, I think later pumas also had larger rear drums and a different master cylinder but I doubt this will be an issue?

Cheers

Hi I have done the conversion . the discs are actually 258mm. You do have to fit the alternative calipers as they are different and use larger brake pads, they bolt straight on and it will all fit under the Props. I used standard Front pads in mine and have never had any brake fade, whereas I did with the smaller disc set up.
It is important to check that your self adjusters inside the rear drum are working as they can sieze up and need freeing off with GT85 and possibly some heat as well whilst removed from the backplate.

With correctly adjusted rear brakes you will not need to upgrade your front pads to EBC.

Thanks, seems like all Fiesta mk6/Fusion had the same discs except the ST so should be pretty easy to source the calipers :grin:

Latest posts

Back