Not OEM ford parts opinion (like thermostat ecc.)

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lorenzo Zaga

Hello guys, hope a great sunday to everyone, for the works in my puma, i have replaced the old parts with an aftermarket market parts, like the thermostat and its housing and the hcv, but the puma's temperature gauge continue to overcome the middle, now i'm afraid that the problem is because i used not original ford parts, you think is this the problem? Thanks :-(

Also aftermarket parts shouldn't cause the engine to get hot (unless faulty).
I'd maybe suggest testing the coolant for exhaust gases and having it pressure tested.

Yes guys, the car before the works was very hot and the temperature gauge overcome the middle, the water pump has been replaced with the belt, only thing is the old thermostat is longer than the new aftermarket, i don't known if It is a problem, the car runs perfect but the engine at the end of the run is very hot and the temperature gauge overcome the middle :-(

Lorenzo Zaga said:
only thing is the old thermostat is longer than the new aftermarket

Referring to this, if the thermostat is different then I would double check the part number and replace it as it sounds like it could be the incorrect one for the car.

Lorenzo Zaga said:
Yes guys, the car before the works was very hot and the temperature gauge overcome the middle, the water pump has been replaced with the belt, only thing is the old thermostat is longer than the new aftermarket, i don't known if It is a problem, the car runs perfect but the engine at the end of the run is very hot and the temperature gauge overcome the middle :-(
Yep, we covered why that is happening to you here - https://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?p=378490#p378490

Before throwing any more time and money at this, again, you might want to consider using an OBD II reader in Live Mode. That will tell you what temperature your thermostat opens at, how the water temperature changes on a drive, what temperature the fans come on and, indeed, if you really have an overheating problem at all. A garage can do this for you if, for whatever reason, you don't want to do it yourself.

Then again, you can keep on changing parts and hope. :)

Ok, thanks guys, the thermostat part number is the same, and in the compatible car is included the puma, the brand is facet, i hope this is not the problem, but for shure i try to an obd ii, thanks :)

Latest posts

Back