Water in the floor!!! (Need help)

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lorenzo Zaga

Hello guys, this week i have used my puma for daily driving, and yesterday night it was under my home, in the parking, but not in the garage, and when it was the late night starts to rain, but a lot of rain, i go to bed without problems because last year i have fixed the door cards nylon that protects from the rain, because last year at every rain or little wash my puma was completely wet in the floor. But when i go to the puma in the morning it seems all ok, and the rain stops, i think it was ok and the problem was past, but after lunch the driver carpet was very wet, and the passenger side was little wet, i haven't any ideas of where is the problem, is under the bonnet a drain? I only known of the door cards problem when the nylon brokes and the water come in the car but now how can i do? I don't know other types of drain, it never happened to me a similar thing, anyone have a list of places where there may be water leaks? Under the bonnet? It seems it comes under the console, how can i fix? Thanks

Have a read of some of these, maybe they'll put you on the right path! Good luck

https://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?p=377465#p377465
https://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?p=376418#p376418
https://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?p=365711#p365711
https://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?p=297572#p297572
https://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?p=265926#p265926

Hello guys, today i have done an accurate check in my puma for this problem, and i found strange things, i state that in this "water problems" i'm not an expert. I found that the clutch pedal piston is completely wet, i'm not shure if it is water or oil, seems like water, i have touched it and its not oleous, from this point to the carpet seems like it falls water, but a little. Then i found another strange thing, in a corner there is a little break in a welded point, no problem i put some photos. I state that my car is a left side drive, and another point that i'm not included, in the front drain, under the front glass, where does the water go? Because i only see the plastic with the wipers, and under this i only see the hcv tubes, the water drains on the engine side? Guys i really need my puma, someone can help me :-(

Attachments

• 20211117_095941.jpg
    20211117_095941.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 1,456
  • 20211117_095957.jpg
    20211117_095957.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 1,453
  • 20211117_100025.jpg
    20211117_100025.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 1,453
  • 20211117_101109.jpg
    20211117_101109.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 1,453
  • 20211117_101120.jpg
    20211117_101120.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 1,453
I don't know the answer to where it drains past the scuttle but that is the common area for it getting through that wiring grommet.

Do you mean the third photo with the rounded wiring grommet with the taped wires? Thank you very much red

Hello guys! I have try to put the putty in the wiring grommets, in all of the points of the photos i have posted, but the problem continues, with the water pipe seems like ok, but when it rains the carpet gets wet... there are some points behind the dashboard? Because i don't wanna disasembly the dash, for you i have to disasembly the dash? There are some points that this problem is common? I already read the old posts and checked it in my puma, but seems like the problem is in a different place :roll:

FOUND IT!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
Confirmed the point is the red rounded one! I have removed the ecu to se better... :lol: and when my girlfriend with the water tube wet the puma under the bonnet, i saw a little bit of water falls in that point, and i took the black putty and putted in that point in a big quantity, the same game in all wiring grommets, today was a rainy day and no water in the car finally!!! :grin:

Attachments

• 20211117_095941.jpg
    20211117_095941.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 1,364
  • 20211127_124415.jpg
    20211127_124415.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 1,364
Hello guys, this week i have used my puma for daily driving, and yesterday night it was under my home, in the parking, but not in the garage, and when it was the late night starts to rain, but a lot of rain, i go to bed without problems because last year i have fixed the door cards nylon that protects from the rain, because last year at every rain or little wash my puma was completely wet in the floor. But when i go to the puma in the morning it seems all ok, and the rain stops, i think it was ok and the problem was past, but after lunch the driver carpet was very wet, and the passenger side was little wet, i haven't any ideas of where is the problem, is under the bonnet a drain? I only known of the door cards problem when the nylon brokes and the water come in the car but now how can i do? I don't know other types of drain, it never happened to me a similar thing, anyone have a list of places where there may be water leaks? Under the bonnet? It seems it comes under the console, how can i fix? Thanks
I have same problem, 5 garages, including ford couldn't find leak. Mine is rubber that wires go in, what apart from liquid rubber, can be used? Thx

Hi!!! Sorry for the retard reply, i have used windshield black sealant! It works fine for this jobs!

On my Puma it was not the grommet it was the seam sealer along the inner wing that allowed water to drain into the A pillar which rusted from the inside out.

Attachments

• 047.jpg
    047.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 050.jpg
    050.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 054.jpg
    054.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 3

Latest posts

Back