FRP press car query

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigfellafrp

Hi,

I'm a FRP newbie taking delivery in the next couple of weeks. I've been advised by the dealer that my FRP is one of the original 23 press cars numbered 9 and assigned FMC017. Apparently there is supporting documentation confirming this. Plus the engine bay is colour coded & the reg carries the letters "JPU", which seems consistent with the press car reg no's at launch.

One this that is puzzling me is that the number stamped on the intake manifold is 493. Yet I thought the 23 press cars carried the FMC number on the manifold, which in my case would be FMC017. So any feedback on this would be much appreciated. As it seems strange that such an early production model has a latter number on the manifold considering only 500 were built.

Wouldn’t take much notice what a dealer tells you they just want a sale.First thing I’d check would be is it the original engine?Maybe had an engine and manifold swap so check numbers.My son looked at a couple awhile ago and they had such iffy history he gave up looking.

I am the cars previous owner and can confirm the information you have been told is correct. I had the same question when I bought the car but apparently some of the press cars had new manifold numbers assigned. On a visit to the classic motor show I had a chat with the guys on the FRP stand one of whom very kindly provided me with the evidence which is in the history file with the car.

You have got yourself a really great car. I hope you enjoy it as much as I’m enjoying the car I traded it in for.

Yes, it's right that some of the press cars were remanifolded, I think just to keep them consistent with the rest of the consumer versions.

Apologies for the delay in responding but many thanks guys for firming up on the cars history.

@19pete80 she runs really great and yes its all in with the supporting documentation. Anything else you can add about your time with the car would be much appreciated?

yeah i think theoretically, no customers should have ended up with an FMC manifold on their car, they were usually changed...

The FRP I had was one used at silverstone for demo day...lol and an early donor car... when I purchased it it was no.453 and quite late in the number order, but it was a very early FRP from Tickfords.. :-D

Yes from memory mine is manifold number 493, so very late on. I believe mine was No 17 off the production line.

Latest posts

Back