Did a track day in My puma at Donnington today

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glenn_

Did a track day today 23/11/13 at Donnington in the Puma with the wife.Had a really good day and the car did well.The wife span the car and we ended up on the track facing the wrong way.She shit herself lol. The mk3 mondy/ST170 brakes were spot on.Not once did they fade.

I went out after dinner and had a coolant leak.There was loads of steam coming from behind the car and from the bonnet.Found the pipe going to the heater control valve had snapped clean off.

Not to worry. I used a 12mm long socket and bypassed the pipe.

So I bypassed the pipe and went out for another few laps. Went the pipe snapped I quickly pulled onto the grass and one of the marshals came over.He said its a shame cause its such a lovely car.The racing was stopped and I was recovered back to the pits.When I fixed it I went back out and beeped at the marshal as I went past then on the second lad I wemt past the marshal and he qas jumping up amd down and clapping lol.

So yeh it was a good day.

love doing track days, I need to get my Mrs to do one, she says she quite fancies it but wants to do one in her MGTF...judging by how she screams at my driving on the road, I doubt she will ever get in the Puma's passenger seat during a track day

Love Donington.

I had brake failure in to Old Hairpin at 96mph on the data logger, so I've met the marshalls as well, nice bunch of blokes :lol:

Best thing about that place is going flat through Craner, spectacular bend.

The HCV fix is sheer ingenuity as well, love it.

Looks like you had an eventful day!

Shame the HCV did a common breakdown done, but well done on the fix :)

First track day I did a mx5 spun 180 to face me, lucky it was at a hairpin and I'd had an instructor next to me, thank god we were only doing 40mph as 3 secs earlier we hit 110mph.

Don't quite figure out the fix but nice one! Is your suspension std btw?

I was gutted that the flat bed recovery truck came to rescue me.Ive just got a thing about keeping fords reliable so I wanted it fixing and wanted to go back on track to sort of prove that the Puma would still go lol.When the coolant/steam was coming out of the back of the car it must of looked bad to other people lol.

Will go to my local motor factors tomorrow and replace the heater control valve at work tomorrow nite.

Severything is standard on the car apart from the modded induction pipe and the brakes.

The brakes were spot on. Ive got pirelli p6000s on the front and another pirelli and a cheapy tyre on the rear.

Glenn_ said:
I was gutted that the flat bed recovery truck came to rescue me.Ive just got a thing about keeping fords reliable so I wanted it fixing and wanted to go back on track to sort of prove that the Puma would still go lol.When the coolant/steam was coming out of the back of the car it must of looked bad to other people lol.

Will go to my local motor factors tomorrow and replace the heater control valve at work tomorrow nite.

Oooooooooooooo nooooooooooo get a proper Ford one

Ha ha nice bodge! Very ingenious..... Like Bear Grylls of trackdays lol couple of my mates said they had signed onto donny Sunday..... Unfortunately my puma wasnt ready! Did you see a black 328? White wheels? Likes to get the back end out alot? (Until he gets told off lol ) and a silver subaru I think he went too?

There was a matt black Bmw there yeh.

I replaced the hcv yesterday. I heaterd again yeh.

Latest posts

Back