Frp seat strip down

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rnnicol

Hi folks
I'm trying to take my frp seats a part to repair the bolster, but I can't seem to figure out how to remove the tilt handle, so I can slip the cover up and over. does anybody know how this is done. I've had a look on the web, but didn't find anything.

I'm sure I seen something recently, but for the life of me can't remember where,

Any help would be great.
Cheers

You're wasting no time Richard, won't the wife see :p

Got home at 10:30, seats straight into the garage at the back, had a quick go yesterday, then got stuck haha.
When I get time I'll put them inside the car, no welding till next year, no money left lol.

So let me get this straight, I just pull the handle towards me, and it should pop out..

Barry, this was your idea, a costly one, but I'm sure your right. Thanks, didn't get a chance to come up, next time though.

rnnicol said:
[post]365749[/post]
So let me get this straight, I just pull the handle towards me, and it should pop out..
It is tight fit. I would heat them up a bit (especailly given they are in garage, from what I picked up) using haidrier as they are rather old and replacements are NLA from sparco and the with some wiggling you just pull the towards you. You will may have to lift the handle a bit but you will see how it goes

Good news, got them off, really tight , I thought they were going to break with the amount of pull, but pleased to report no damage.
Thanks for the info.

Latest posts

Back