Bucket seat fitment

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HampusSoder

Hi,

I'm thinking of mounting a bucket seat for the drivers' seat. I'd keep the R100 I have for passenger side.

I have Sparco subframes. Sparco subframe + runners + bottom mounted R100 sits higher than I want it to be. Looking for measurements is not easy and might be different once I'd try to fit it with prefered angle etc. But for me it seems like the example of sparco grid q and these mounts would be at a lower height (also being able to mount it to the correct position and skipping runners). Anyone have done sth similar? Critical part is how high the seating position is compared to where the side mounts are mounted on the subframe. But looks to me that the height of the lowest mounting points on the side brackets aren't much (if at all) higher than where the mounting points on the seat are.

Also, what's the widest seat you can fit into a puma? Trying to take measurements it seems that the Grid q could just about fit (595mm at widest shoulder width). (I have standard door panel)

Latest posts

Back