EXACT OEM RADIO SIZE (DIN)

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alerno

Hi,

Does anyone know for sure what the exact size was for the 6000RDS CD stereo in DIN? I seem to remember a Russian guy who had done a DIY adaptation of a Satnav said it was 1,2 or 1,3 DIN. Thing is, I want to get myself a bluetooth radio (if it had a way of getting google maps or waze it would be great) and would want something that fits exactly and not have to adapt anything.

Thx!

It seems it is 1,7 DIN or at least that is what I have found in a couple of German sites for Mondeos.

Does any of you have a bluetooth & satnav stereo?

I'd guess 1.5 DIN as well. For your project, I think you would struggle to find anything aftermarket that fits exactly. In my experience you either get 1.0 DIN (most common) or 2.0 DIN (double size, sometimes found in some Japanese cars).

I understand you don't want to 'adapt' anything, but for your project I'd suggest getting a 1.0 DIN with a facia adaptor, I've got one and it gives you a little pocket under the radio. You need to be a little creative about fastening the radio into the dash as there aren't many things to fasten to.

There are 1.0 DIN units available with pop-out screens that would give you the screen you want. I haven't used one myself but I guess most are Android compatible, ie you can have whatever apps you want.

Single DIN slot size 50 mm High x 180 mm Wide.
Double DIN slot size 100 mm High x 180 mm Wide.
Puma 6000/6006 radio metal case is a little under 90 mm High x a little under 180 mm Wide.
90 mm / 50 mm = 1.8
So the metal case is slightly smaller than 1.8 DIN.

SO MANY ASWERS! Thanks

I never get notifications on my email, I miss all your replies. I go to "Manage Notifications" and it doesn't give me any options. I have to research a lot to find the page.

Regarding the topic, I was thinking of fitting a SONY 6CD radio from 2004-2007 Mondeos/Fiestas/etc. It seems nobody has done this. The facia is apparently the same size but internally there is stuff to perforate. I am struggling to find data or reviews of this stereo (watts, sound quality)

I actually want a stereo with bluetooth, aux slot (3,5 jack) and usb port, because I use my mobile both as satnav and music source (about 100GB) but at least that stereo has an AUX cable and Sony tends to produce quality sounding devices and aesthetically it really fits the center console (thick matt silver buttons, green lights)

You can subscribe to topic notifications when you set up your thread. It's also an option on the bottom left of the page by the spanner icon.

Latest posts

Back