FK exhaust doesn't seem to fit my Puma

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wip3

So. I bought a stainless steel exhaust made by FK (got it cheap for 60 bucks). Today I went to install it and it seems like it's made for a totally different car. It was supposed to be direct fit, but the silencers seem to be too long and the first one is in a place where there isn't room for even a small silencer. Also all the hangers seem to be in wrong places or pointing in the wrong directions. The code in the exhaust is FKDDFO407-1 and it does look the same as in the pictures. http://www.carparts-tuning.co.uk/en...27ec&listtype=search&searchparam=puma exhaust. Here's a picture of my current stock exhaust and I don't see how this FK one could possibly fit in there.
E1GZ0.jpg

I'm confused. Anyone have any ideas what the heck is going on here? :oops:

have you tried removing the heat shielding? You may get it in if you do that, just heat wrap that section. I have no clue why the hangers would be in the wrong place though.

Haven't contacted their customer service yet, but will do that next. Even when forgetting the hangers it seem like a very very tight fit even with heat shielding taken off and the exhaust tip doesn't fit at all to the hole in the bumper.

It sounds like its not the correct part to me, it could be the mk6 fiesta part, its very similar to the puma one. A lot of companies call the mk6 (the fiesta ST shape), a mk5. So when we say a mk4 & 5 fit the puma, it can confuse people. The mk6 has the silencers where yours are.

Found a thread about this exhaust from a German forum. FK was selling this system for 33 euros at one point. Few guys bought them and none were able to fit them cause the exhausts were like mine. Sadly I bought mine from someone who bought it from FK so probably won't get my money back :cry:

You could always cut the centre muffler out, and replace with either a sport cat, or a straight pipe. Cheaper then wasting your money.

I'll see if I can return it after all. If not then I'll take Steves advice and take it to an exhaust shop and hope they'll be able to fit it.

It looks as if the system needs quite a bit of fettling to make it fit as the centre section is clearly too big for the available space but I have had experience of exhaust companies making things fit and they will cut, chop and insert new bits as necessary.

Back