removing the windscreen

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aberdarepuma

I work in a breakers yard, and do this daily, I belive the puma needs to keep the plastic surround trim fitted. Remove everything that reasonably close, the way we do it is Stanley knife one side slip through. Some cheese wire and away to go very carefully not coming against the screen as it WILL break very very easily, if I were closer. I'd come and do it for u

This is what you need, I did this for a living (over ten years ago mind!)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WINDSCREEN-GLASS-CUTTING-OUT-REMOVAL-WIRE-AND-HANDLES-/220694105279?pt=UK_Hand_Tools_Equipment&hash=item336264ccbf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

pretty simple to do, I'd advise removing the interior A pillar trims as it's all to easy to slice through them with the wire if you're not careful.

much easier with two people if you can find a helper!

I used to fit & remove glass at ford and a normal stanley knife wont work as you need whats called a long blade and a spray bottle filled with soapy water/ screen cleaner to lube the blade, cheese wire works well but can damage the glass plastic trim so extreme caution must be used, like others have said pillar trims need to be removed and on the outside the scuttle panel and wiper arms need to come off, be aware most private screen fitting firms offer a remove and replacement service so if in doubt simply drop someone with correct tools a drink to do it for you

Latest posts

Back