What size towing eye bolt??!needed for towing strap?!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adampuma

Hi people, i need your help in fitting my luke towing strap for track days, i know its a reverse thread and its quite large, does anyone know whereni can get a suitable bolt that will go into the front towing eye? Thank you.

Yes i have the hook i had to use it to make sure the towing strap hole is big enough, which it wasnt
had to bore out the bolt hole slightly, im hoping someone has bought/made one of these

What im saying is take the hook down to a local fixing place that sell bolts etc and see if they can match a bolt up to the same thread or order 1 in for you,

Can you not just bolt it in with the actual towing eye now you have bored out the whole to fit? Or does that ruin the appearence of the tow strap?

The towing eye thread isnt long enough, needs to be about 3x longer and yes it also ruins the look, i need a plain old bolt with the same thread as the towing eye

I fitted a strap for a friend who also had trouble finding a bolt to fit.

I ended up getting a spare towing eye and chopped the loop off. I filed the remains down to make a bolt head and attached the strap with that.

This kinda thing, no idea if correct thread tho.

http://www.smart-stuff.co.uk/bike-rack-bottom-bolt---450-fortwo-789-p.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Basicly i want a thread the same as the original towing eye on a bolt about 4 inches long

You may be quicker going to an engineering shop and getting them to make you one to the length you require based on the one you have in the boot/glove box

Yeah i thought as much, just find it hard to believe they make tow straps but no bolts to suit

I'm looking to do the same but by the looks of this it's harder than just buying a bolt to fit the hole? Forgive my ignorance but by reverse thread do you mean it screws in anti clockwise as oppose to clockwise? And if so can you by reverse thread bolts off the shelf?

Latest posts

Back