PATS, PATS,Darn PATS!

URGENT ASSISTANCE REQUIRED!

Moderator: Moderators

MikeyD1982
Model: 1.7

PATS, PATS,Darn PATS!

Post by MikeyD1982 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:33 pm

Hi guys, please help.

I bought a 1999 V-reg 1.7 Ford Puma and up until now it has been superb, unfortunately it has just stopped while driving and now it will not start, no pump prime or ignition crank. I think this has something to do with the PATS as the immobilizer light fails to respond to the ignition and continues to blink at a 2 second interval. My friend kindly offered to let me use his 1999 T-reg as a doaner temporarily and I have tried to change the transponder also trying to swap ECU and keep T-reg key close to transponder whilst attempting to turn over, all fuses appear to be ok. I am running out of ideas and any input would be greatly appreciated.
0 x

quest63
Major General
Major General

Re: PATS, PATS,Darn PATS!

Post by quest63 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:53 pm

Welcome aboard :thumbs:

Right this isn't something I'm well read up on but you seem to have a misunderstanding going on.

To start your car using doner parts from your friend you would have to fit his ECU assuming its compatible with your car, and then have his key near your ignition while you try and start your car (using your key to turn the ignition unless you also fitted his ignition barrel)

His ECU needs to be fitted to your car and his key needs to be near to the ignition. The transponder is not the ring around the ignition that is just a receiver or aerial, the transponder is in the key. So you need his ECU fitted to your car with his key near the ignition.
0 x

Project Delta Kilo (aka Pumber Thunder)

Ian G
Parts Dealer
Parts Dealer

Post by Ian G » Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:00 pm

If they both have digital odometers and three button key fobs, take the ECU and key fob from the donor and see how that looks.
0 x
Puma parts from stock in the Puma Bits eBay shop - 07866 423809 or PM me.
Paypal: ian@pumabits.co.uk | Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pumabits

PumaNoob
Guru!
Guru!
Model: FRP

Post by PumaNoob » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:19 pm

And also to add to the above, you will be best to remove your own key transponder as it can interfere with the signal from your mates transponder.
0 x

FRP 2.3 Duratec Turbo Is BACK!!!!

madrab

Post by madrab » Wed May 13, 2015 2:14 pm

Hi I know this is an old post..but did you ever fix it? i have same issue with my 1.7 ...
0 x

Return to “HELP ME!”