temperature sender location

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sootmonkey

Hello there,

having similar cooling problems as described in previous posts,
Needle heading for red and the fan running almost continually.
but then returning back to near normal even while doing motorway speeds
I have changed the thermostat as a precaution but still the same problem (and have thoroughly bled the system)
my next thought was a faulty temperature sender/sensor.

I bought the replacement part off ford which shows it screwed into the hose housing under the
coil pack.

But when the coil pack is removed the sensor is not on this housing anywhere (top side or bottom) and the housing does not have any blank plugs in it

Nor does it have any un-used wiring harness plugs near it in it which might suggest that the housing was swapped for another (ford) type.

finally the sensor does not appear to be anywhere near or on the other hose housing which holds the thermostat.

any ideas where the sensor might be?

I noticed your Puma is listed as a 1.6 which may have a different sensor location to the 1.7 which as you rightly say is under the coil pack. I've looked in the Fiesta Haynes manual and it says on the 1.25 and 1.4 engines the sensor is also under the coil pack. It seems strange that the 1.6 is different.
Barry

leakyhousing_zpsa14556f8.jpg

Casing with sensor from 1.7

Latest posts

Back