Radiator

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lusid666

JKK is over heating. The top of the radiator is not warming up the same as the bottom of the radiator so thinking it could be blocked.
Which way does the coolant flow through the radiator? Going to try to back flush it.

TIA

Hi mate, not sure if you've sorted this but as you look from the front of the car, the coolant flows from right to left in the rad.

If it's not flowing once warmed up, it's likely the thermostat might have gone.

so it flows from the rad to the thermostat/waterpump? i am getting heat in the car so there dosnt seem to be a blockage in the head/block and the thermostat is fine as I bought a new one, tested it in the house and then fitted it (through the headlight opening with the alternator still in place). I should have taken up gynaecology lol.

Yes, exactly as pictured. If you look at the diagram, it shows you there is a bypass for the heater (HCV), so even if the thermostat wasn't opening, it would still warm the car up. The engine will still circulate a small amount of water until up to temp, then once that water going through the HCV gets hot enough, it opens the thermostat as it flows past there.

Latest posts

Back