Engine oil :(

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mihalyn90

So my Puma says 39800 on the clock, next oil change should be around 41600 according to my sticker :))

last time i was a bit racer boy shifting around 5-6k... but usually i am shifting around 3000-3500 RPM... Now... last time my engine ate up around 200ml of oil... i topped up... did around 300km-es and again the oil is going lower... :(

Also nowdays around 3500RPM-s i am getting a sound like it's running without oil... i can't explain here... it's... not smooth...

actually now i have 10W40 oil in it!!! I just ordered some Motul 5w30 8100 eco-nergy... specifically for Ford
The oil is M2C 913C although Puma requires M2C 912-A1... hope it will not be a problem...

Has it suddenly started using more? Pumas are known for using a certain amount of oil and they all seem to be different. You just have to get to know yours and top it up accordingly. Super important to check and know your car, as low oil can be fatal...

Sorry don't know about the more technical stuff, just don't mix viscosities!

My first puma was a 1.4 and after 200.000 km it used around 1L of oil in a month. But with your low mileage that's strange.. i guess best thing to do is to check for leaks first.

It`s a bad idea to use heavier oil in the Puma engine (or any other for that matter)
The vct is hydraulically operated and can be damaged. As can the oil pump.

I recommend getting all that 10w40 out, and some fresh 5w30 oil in as soon as possible.
I hope you have escaped any engine damage

i have an analogue clock so it should be around 138900 theoretically... yet even 200k is possible...

I just ordered a bottle of MOTUL :)

hope everything will be fine...

Yes it suddenly started eating... i scrapped her bottom two times since i have PumPum but no leaking... I think i'll go for an engine wash and see after it...

oh well... i'll see... it will go to the garage soon... today i'll get my filter... later on the oil... tomorrow perhaps...

anyway... it just started two weeks ago :( my PumPum... my second love... my only car... i fought so hard for her... :(

trublustu said:
[post]348253[/post] It`s a bad idea to use heavier oil in the Puma engine (or any other for that matter)
The vct is hydraulically operated and can be damaged. As can the oil pump.

I recommend getting all that 10w40 out, and some fresh 5w30 oil in as soon as possible.
I hope you have escaped any engine damage
Not true according to Ford ETIS. 10w30, 5w40 and 10w40 are all valid alternatives for the Puma. The right spec is the most important thing.

http://workshop-manuals.com/ford/puma_1998_06.1997-12.2001/mechanical_repairs/3_powertrain/303_engine/303-01a_engine_1.7l/specifications/

here states all the above :) so I am good to go... anyway i just bought 5w30 so we will see :D

Latest posts

Back