doors wont open

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Irishpuma

i hope someone can help me on this........my puma has been parked up a few weeks ...battery has died ...doors opened and closed with key fob 2 weeks ago ...now the fob wont open doors ...even changed battery in fob ,,,the doors still wont open when i try the key manually .....any ideas anyone
thanks

Have the doors ever opened with the key? The lock barrels can get dirty and stiff, can you hear anything when you turn it in either door? From memory it has no bearing on the electronics when you use the key manually.

The remote fob may have lost it's coding to open the car, this could be unrelated and fixed by reprogramming through the reprogram sequence.

If you have closed it to the second stage (deadlocks) you can't open it manually. You will need to give it some 12V if battery has died. Try reaching into the engine bay and connecting the 12V to the starter and minus to the chassis. It should help the battery and wake up the car.
The other option is to try reching for the bonnet cable and opening the bonnet and jumpstart the battery.

I am not a Joy division here, I am affraid :oops:

^^ I hadn't considered this, I assumed power had been restored to the car.

I actually had this problem about two weeks ago with a Puma i bought as a project car, the battery had died after id deadlocked it a few days earlier, i noticed that the actual metal key didn't go fully into the drivers side but did on the passenger side and the boot. turning the key in the boot did nothing but the passenger door made the interior handle move slightly, after an hour of looking like i was trying to break into a car, i found a thread on a ford forum that said the locks were prone to rusting due to lack of use (mainly using the remote fob to open) so i used a little bit of WD40 directly into the lock hole on the passenger door and kept turning the key, eventually after repeating this method the passenger door unlocked completely and i could jump start the car.
I hope this helps

Wild E. Coyote said:
...Try reaching into the engine bay and connecting the 12V to the starter and minus to the chassis. It should help the battery and wake up the car.

would this work? surley the 12V + won't connect back to the battery if the starter relay isn't engaged/

On the battery side of the starter solenoid it would work ?

Does the boot latch not have a bowden cable between the key cylinder and the boot release, so you should be able to get in the car through the hatch.

Latest posts

Back