Seats !! Help !!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pattylou

!!
Hi all, I have a 2001 1.7 Puma .. the drivers seat has given up the ghost and is at the momnet the seat pad is held down with a bungee! I bought 2 front seats from a breaker (S reg 1.7 petrol) had them valeted .. gave them to my mechanic .. they are way too big and have an electric motor !! Has the breaker duped me or was the S reg a considerably bigger car? Thanks in advance for your help. Pat

Hi Pat, welcome.

The seats should be the same actual size but the bases will be different because there were two different floor pan layouts. You would likely also need to swap over the seat belt pretensioners since they are unlikely to be compatible.

The earlier cars did also have electric operation but that should not matter as far as I know.

As Red says, the seats are the same size and yes you will need to swap the pretensioners by removing the ones of your original seats and fitting them to the older/replacements.
The earlier drivers seat had electric adjustment.. which you could wire it in if you wished but as for fitting in your car, the motor is irrelevant.

As for mounting.. the earlier seats had what we call a 'top hat' riser. As long as they are still fitted to the seats there is no reason for them not to fit in to a newer Puma.

EDIT:
Have a look at this post.. there is a picture that shows you the 'mounting' difference between the earlier and later seats..
https://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15941&p=346027&hilit=top+hat#p346027

The breaker has not really duped you, unless you specifically asked for seats from a Puma aged the same as yours.. but even then they could argue that they came from the correct car and someone could have swapped them.
On the other side of the coin.. your mechanic should easily be able to fit them without issue.

Latest posts

Back