Connector issue

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Flynn

Hello Folks,

I am currently in the process of rebuilding my 1.7 Ford Puma and nearly there at this stage.

Does anyone on here know what and where this 2 pin connector is supposed to be for? As can be seen in the photos it has a plastic gromit mounting pin on the back of it so it may have been mounted on the chassis leg in the past.

Pics are of the region under the drivers side chassis leg near the aux belt on the engine. The 2 pin ABS sensor is already connected so its not that. My thoughts are that it is not a blank as it looks to clean also. Could it be for power steering or air con?

Hope someone can provide an insight on this, thanks for your help!

Ok having trouble trying to attach photos, maybe someone can help me here too :)

Hi John, welcome.

Hopefully you are able to upload photos after your next post, or link to them from some hosting.

John Flynn said:
Could it be for power steering or air con?
In that area, that 2 pin will be for the A/C compressor clutch, I reckon. Plus, the power steering sensor connector is a small 4 pin and I think your dash would tell you if that was out. Best way to tell is to note the colour of the 2 wires.

Photo would help. Try this - https://postimages.org/ :)

I'm positive the dash would not tell you if the PAS was out. If there was an issue with this connection, the engine would either hang on revs or it would just bog down when the steering is used. The PAS connector I believe is the beige/cream colour plug which is 2 pin and looks to be plugged in.

The connector in question doesn't look like it plugs in to an physical item.. it has a 'clip' mounting point that looks like it pushes in to a hole in the chassis leg or some piece of metal to hold it in place... which has already been noted by the OP

Thanks for your help. Yes the beige / cream colour plug is already plugged in. So it maybe that this does not plug in to anything. Pardon my ignorance here! But what do you mean by the abbreviations PAS and OP? Thanks a mill

I think my fiesta has an external temperature gauge sensor with the same plug as this, could it be that?
Otherwise that does look identical to the abs sensor connector, even down to the way it mounts on the bodywork.

Although this connector isn't this one ,
Does anyone know what the wire mounted to the lower offside of the Radiator mounting cradle is for ? it has a component plugged into the end of it.
Could it be an impact sensor for the airbags?

Latest posts

Back