Revs linger

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roary

Hi
Has anyone any ideas why my Puma is starting to rev high when I come to a stop. If I touch the pedal a bit or put the car back in gear and let the clutch up a bit it returns to normal. Thanks.

Clutch position switch maybe? Check under the pedal that it hasn't become dislodged or damaged.

hi, try t check the MAF, in my puma when it was dirty, when i was stopped, the idle it was not linear and go up and down.

As a last instance check the TPS and the wiring. Had this problem with mine and it was the wiring to the TPS. To check it try disconnecting the TPS and see if it is better

Roary said:
Hi
Has anyone any ideas why my Puma is starting to rev high when I come to a stop. If I touch the pedal a bit or put the car back in gear and let the clutch up a bit it returns to normal. Thanks.

I had the same problem. Like st220kyle said, it's the Idle control valve which gets dirty. I didn't even replace mine, just cleaned it with MAF cleaner and let it dry for a while. Never had the problem again.

Latest posts

Back