handling pronlems like its on ICE

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

my pumas back end keps sliding out everywhere even on a straight like i was on m62 and hit lil bump wel wudnt even call it a bump at 75mph on a straight and the back end went so u know hw bad corners are i got the ful powerflex polythene bush kit fitted got all new gmax shockers with 40mm jamex springs and got front and rear strut bars. got the 10mm axel upgrade plates.

i want to knw what can be causin this. to show hw bad cornerring were to my mate i pulled handbrake it make a metal scraping sound like the cars hitting floor and tone of the back wheel lift totally of the groung this is pulling handbrake doin 20mph.

i got told it might be wheels are too big i gt 17" rims with 40 profile tires. so plz plz someone help me stopping the bac end of the car sliding, guna put the millie wheels back on. got pirelli tyres with loads pf tread so that shoudnt matter

hmmm this is strange... tyre type and weight are the only things I can think of as your car is super stiff with your bushes and braces.

Your back end shouldn't be coming out like that at 70mph with a bump. It definitely shouldn't raise the rear wheels at 20 mph when you pull the handbrake : it should squat down at the back if anything. Handbrake / rear brakes ok?

I was going to say that maybe your car is set up too stiff with the strut braces etc, but I doubt that would do much difference.

Best bet is to put the other wheels on, and see if it still does it. If it doesn't, then it's the wheels / tyres. Are your 17" tyres old? Wondering if they've de-laminated.

32 psi tires are 205-40-17. i removed my spare wheel but that shoudlnt matter coz i got a 15" diamond audio subwoofer that fills the whole boot and and diamonds weighs a ton, then the amp weighs anuva ton so weight shouldnt be an issue the tires are goodyear tires if that helps coz i dnt knw my tire brands

someone mention summat bout softenin antiroll bar or antiroll bar links ...but i av no clue what they onbout?? lol

iv got all new gmax shocks got them like few weeks ago this has improved the handling from what it were like b4, bt still really bad

Suspension design is a science, and a very precise one at that.

It sounds like you have flung every possible after-market modification at yours and engineered it to be far worse than if it had been left alone.

Very odd. I am intrigued, but can't suggest what to do other than to consult an expert in suspension and handling.

Good luck

yeah i put whels on ryt way as tyres being directional tread. wwll im putin orifinal wheeels bk o n soon see if that helps. iv got jamex springs 40mm they new jus got them but they creek wen goin over bumps

Id say the tyres tbh.... my current wheels are 205 - 40 - 17 and have no problems with sliding at all....

no a tuning garage did who do imports and that kind a performance

hmmm so theres no reason for it to be built incorrectly or fitted wrong.. its a strange one.

i knw its doin my head in tryin to figure out the problem

Just a thought, what offset are your wheels? I know of someone who put peugeot wheels on a ford, and the offset is ET20 rather then ET35 of fords. They had the same problem, and especially if you have axle spacers too!! Do the wheels stick out from the body work? Ive got 205/40/17 on mine, and its fine, and mines lowered 50mm.

iv put standard millie alloys back on, new front wishbone, and got bushes done again and the handling is a lot better not perfect but compared to before its brilliant so it was the stupid 17" wheels i had by BK racing. iv jus got a creaking when i go over speed bumps spunds like springs. dont know if i need new one i got told mine are crap they are 40mm jamex on gmax shockers

Latest posts

Back