drivers door won't open

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charliebrown

I hav recently bought a Puma 1.7. Today the drivers door is stuck shut. I can hear the central locking motor working and the inner handle moves but the door will no open from inside or out. This is quite frustrating. Any ideas??
Thanks

Charlie :?

That is an odd one..

I know it's daft, but you haven't put the deadlocks on have you and are trying to use the key in the door?

Keep us informed :)

Have a look here - might help.

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topi" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... 8&f=86&h=0

I have the door casing off, the deadlock is not on. I think it may be a faulty latch as it was working and the motor is still working.
Is there an easy way to open the door without smashing the latch assembly.

Thanks

Charlie :(

Hi Charlie,

How did you get the door card off with the door closed?

If you have access can you just not gently prise the latch with a screw driver whilst trying to open the door with the handle?

Other wise you will probably have to consult a garage.

Where abouts are you from?

Just read this! Every now and again my passenger door wont open!! Went to drop Rhys at work one day n i had to get out n climbed over!!

Got back to my house n it opened fine!!

try pressing the door in as you pull the handle up.
if that doesnt work try lifting the handle up quickly and letting it go quickly, so ya sort of flicking the latch. we have this with the trucks at work some times and that usually opens them..... otherwise i think its a new latch mate.

Had a problem with my racing puma the door would open from the outside but would fromt he inside. A good session with WD40 cured this issue :)

might be down to the door sagging so the latch does not lift clear from the catch. try lifting the door via it handle and then open the door. after that check the hinge and see if the alignment is right.

puma door hinges can be damaged if a strong wind catches it suddenly and forcing it open fully.

Hey

I dont know if there's much point in reviving such an old thread, but Im having exactly the same problem. My drivers door is stuck, turning the key will make the central lock motor turn, but indoor or outdoor handle wont have any affect on the door.

I'll try nudging the door while using the inside handle when I get to the garage..

I found somewhat useful info on this topic:
http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?t=9547" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

But, have any of you removed the door panel while the door is closed?

Any tips or hints for it?

Thanks,
Gardy

Latest posts

Back