engine light is on

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lady penelope

my engine light is on, on my dash..its not flashing though. Has anyone got any ideas for a helpless lady!!! or do I need to take it to a dealer for cash!!!

thanks for the help..if you can

have you got any other problems/symptoms? hows the Puma running etc? any previous trouble?

more than likely the lambda sensor has packed up,or it could be something else tho :eek:k:
what engine size aswell so we know what engine we are dealing with,did you have a low mpg and smell of petrol????

no, no other problems it seems to be running fine, ive only had it 2 months though so dont know the feel of the car too well yet. engine is 1700, no smell of petrol...whats a lambda sensor?
it says in the manual that if the lights on i need to take it to a dealer fairly swiftly!

I expect you have two lambdas on your car, one before and one after the catalytic converter. The one before measures the cars emissions and alters the fuelling - if this one fails the car may run poorly, and you may get a petrol smell due to overfuelling. The second lambda is there to check that the catalytic converter is reducing the emissions. It may put the light on if the emissions are not lower than the first sensor, suggesting the cat is faulty, or if the second lambda itself is faulty.

Back