2002 MOT Failure for sale to enthusiast.

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtw2020

My 2002 1.7 (94,000 miles) has just failed its MOT due to rust on one of the rear sills. I don't want to scrap it as it's been such a great car. I can send photos to anyone interested. Car is in Guisborough (north east). I am the 4th owner, buying the car in Nov 2014 from a dealer in Chesterfield when it had done 64,000 miles. Since I took ownership, I've maintained the car at my local Ford Dealer until 3 months ago when I started using a local independent garage. Since this has been my main car, I've not skimped on any costs. Last month it had a new clutch, suspension arms, rear bush and a full service at a cost of over £700. Before then, it's also had a new cambelt (£250), fuel pump (£449.10) and remote central locking key (£165.35) and thermostat housing (£143.12). Whenever anything has been needed, it's gone to the main dealer - I'll provide a full breakdown of maintenance if needed. Everything on the car works as it should with the exception of the heated front screen and the radio, which I haven't got the code for after the battery was recently disconnected. As you would expect, the car drives perfectly. The bodywork is neat and tidy. There is a small patch of rust breaking through on one of the front wings. A stone chip to the A pillar has also started rusting. The rear arches are good. To pass an MOT it needs a rear sill welded - and it is probably worth doing the other sill as well. Since I am now doing a lot of miles with work I have decided to buy a new car. Undoubtedly, the Puma has many years left in it once repaired. I'd be looking for offers in region of £150 - £300 with the buyer to collect. Really, I would just like to find it a good home and keep it away from the scrapyard. MOT ran out 27.10.17. You can contact me at [email protected]. Thanks.

Latest posts

Back