Magnum Grey Thunder for spares/repairs - MOT failure on corrosion

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WeeBilly

My Magnum Grey Thunder has just failed it's MOT on corrosion, and as I don't really need a car as well as a van any more there's no point me trying to find somewhere to fix it up properly. Also needs new front discs, front springs and suspension bushes.

It would be nice to see someone fix it up and keep it on the road or give it a good final send off on track, but I suspect it's more of a restoration project than repair. There are six separate places in need of welding for the MOT. It was looking fairly good in the autumn and has done downhill badly over winter, so a serious clean up and rust treatment of the whole underside is going to be necessary to halt the process.

Probably a good engine/drivetrain donor vehicle, which I think has plenty of life left. Low mileage and with full service history. No evidence of problems at the moment, but obviously i can't provide any guarantees.

Mechanically it's been perfectly reliable for the 3.5 years I've had it, from 56k to 80k miles.
Full service history, last service 75k miles.
all three keys
Working aircon
heated front screen
black leather interior
standard thunder multispoke alloys in reasonable condition for the age.
Front tyres (Toyo T1R) are practically new - have only done <3000 miles
rear tyres dunlop sport blue response have a bit of life left. 14000 miles
Battery is pretty new.

Interior is fairly good, but has some of the common issues. The door cards have come apart at the top for example.

MOT runs out on Sun 20th May. If you are local to me (Leamington Spa) I can drive it to you before that.

I'm thinking £250, but any sensible offer considered if you can take it soon. I'm not after a lot of money, just want to give the opportunity for someone to get what they can from it rather than send straight to the commercial breakers. I can do a walk around using a whatsapp video chat so you can properly see the corrosion, hear an engine start or whatever is of interest. Seems easier than messing with loads of photos, and failing to capture the bits of interest.

Located Leamington Spa, Warwickshire
07790 499394

Also has half a tank of petrol and JL audio upgraded front speakers which cost about £80 the pair 3.5 years ago.
Head unit is a Kenwood that's almost as old as the car, and has an ipod interface.

Now sold. And to someone that'll give it a good chance of making it back out onto the road :thumbs:

Latest posts

Back