Upgraded car for sale **SOLD**

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gigglebug

Good morning

I am selling my Puma as a non runner for anyone either looking to start a project car or just to use the parts on their own Puma's.

2001 silver

Firstly the bad bits;

There is something wrong with the engine. It still runs but it sounds horrible and there is oil leaking from the top of the engine. There are no pools of liquids underneath whatsoever. This happened last weekend and I covered about 15 miles to get it home and it hasn't moved from my driveway since. It is drivable but how far it would get is anyone's guess.

It is starting to rust underneath and had an advisory on the last MOT for 'Suspension component mounting prescribed area is corroded but not considered excessive offside rear'

The good bits;

I bought the car mid October 2015 with 39865 miles on it and it's now on 63960 and in that time I have had the following done to it at various points;

New Bilstein B6 dampers
New Bilstein B3 springs
Unused Full Powerflex bush kit (normal not black)
New OMP lower strut brace
New Spacers on rear axle
New Official silver handbrake handle (does have a slight crack in it now)
New gear knob (does have a couple of small marks now)
New old stock steering wheel (from fiesta Mk4 I think)
6000CD to replace faulty original
New Ford focus 6 disk changer (under drivers seat)
Magnex stainless steel backbox
New Hoffman race tube (there is a slight leak from the join between the two so need to be rewelded)
New ashtray (slightly different colour to dash)
New lighter
New genuine front wishbones (one ended up having a faulty front ball joint. I couldn't return it as I had fitted the powerflex bushes so the ball joint was replaced with a new one)
New Autostyle bucket seat fitted to drivers side which lowered the seating and lined me up a bit better with the pedals. I also have another brand new one in storage which will be provided with the car.
New wheel centre caps
New upgraded discs and pads on front. National Sport 8 Grove discs from Burton Power with Ferrodo pads.
New Stainless brake lines on front. (One was chaffing so was replaced with one of the lines which never got fitted to the back. I probably still have the other rear one and it will go with the car)
I had the rear arches replaced and repainted in February 2016 at a local firm who have a good reputation and do a lot of Lotus Carltons amongst other things. It cost £1500 to have done. It still looks good now but there are the first signs of the rust returning unfortunately
New genuine boot badge
New boot struts
New wipers all round
New genuine oil filler cap
New heater valve in August 2017
Cam belt was done in June 2018
Uniroyal Rainsport 3's all round (even the spare) at various depths but all legal
Has been regularly serviced with genuine parts (last service this year when cam belt changed)

Overall in very good condition for it's age but will obviously have related marks. The wheels are mostly perfect, just the odd mark on one of the faces. The body work is good, there are only a couple of very insignificant dents on a couple of panels. The front does have quite a few stone chips, a lot of which have been filled in, and there are odd scratches here and there but none are very big. Everything electrical works; mirrors, front and back heated screen, central locking and windows etc. It has an Auto watch 345 Clam alarm fitted as well.

1 folder full of receipts and another with MOT's etc. 2 keys and user folder present.

£400 ono, no warranty or returns.

Based in South Norfolk, feel free to come and have a look. Any questions welcome.

I will add photo's asap, they appear to be too big at the moment to upload.

IMG_20181211_1108587-min_zpsps2c1ewq.jpg

IMG_20181211_1109357-min_zpsu7amtatj.jpg

IMG_20181211_1110107-min_zpszdolpfzt.jpg

IMG_20181211_1105178-min_zpsvtamydxq.jpg

IMG_20181211_1103506-min_zpszyd3hysj.jpg

IMG_20160325_110116_zpsgkn9umoa.jpg

IMG_20181211_1103353-min_zpsm41okifa.jpg

IMG_20181211_1103244-min_zps1vgrtavq.jpg

IMG_20181211_1104300-min_zpsvqpvf2nu.jpg

Just to add that new droplinks were fitted when the suspension was refreshed and Megalight Ultra +120 bulbs have been fitted to the headlights.

Latest posts

Back