New to the Site

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lindsey

Hi Everyone whilst I'm new to the site I've had the Milly Puma for several years. Really like the car except for the rust around the rear wheel arches, bad on one side and starting on the other.
Can any one tell me what the engine code will be for my car ? I'm trying to buy some new IT leads on the internet and they want the engine code which is either MHA or MHB. the car is a 1.7 early 2000 Thanks ! Lindsey

welcome aboard!

sorry, can't help with your query though someone will probably be along shortly who will know the answer!

Welcome along.

If your Millie has it's original HT leads, it'll be the original MHA ones IIRC.

Thanks Ben and Dal ! Yes the leads are original. Whats the difference between the MHA and the MHB, they both seem to run from 1999(but the B goes on to 2002) and I presume they are both for the 1.7 engine? Strange !! Lindsey

Well the original engine used a slightly different HT connection arrangement (Later ones were a push fit to the coil pack, early ones had a clip) The actual block and head would be exactly the same though.

Around 1999/2000 there would be some overlap. But all Millies were the earlier sort.

Thanks Dal (again) You certainly know your engines! They do have a rubber clip arrangement. That means that the it will be a MHA code and I can now order some new leads for my Dad to fit :grin: Thanks again Lindsey

Dal said:
Well the original engine used a slightly different HT connection arrangement (Later ones were a push fit to the coil pack, early ones had a clip) The actual block and head would be exactly the same though.

Around 1999/2000 there would be some overlap. But all Millies were the earlier sort.

Strange development ? Been on one or two internet sites for the leads and the diagrams show
the "clip on type" belonging to cars up to year 1998. My dad checked again and the car definitely has the clip on type, yet the car is a year 2000 (Millenium ) model :?
We've ordered the earlier type which can be returned if not suitable. Thanks to everyone who
helped with sorting the problem ! Lindsey

lindsey said:
Dal said:
...Around 1999/2000 there would be some overlap. But all Millies were the earlier sort.

Strange development ? Been on one or two internet sites for the leads and the diagrams show
the "clip on type" belonging to cars up to year 1998. My dad checked again and the car definitely has the clip on type, yet the car is a year 2000 (millennium ) model :?
We've ordered the earlier type which can be returned if not suitable. Thanks to everyone who
helped with sorting the problem ! Lindsey

My 1999 V reg Puma and Cherie's W reg Millennium both had/have the clip on type of coil pack as have all other similar age Pumas I've ever seen.

Not all internet sites are always correct remember :eek:k:

Thanks for that! It gives me confidence that we've picked the right set of leads. Lindsey :)

Latest posts

Back