New Owner

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magyrato

Hi all
Had the Puma about3 weeks now. Can't believe how nice it is to drive. Then again I had a 4x4 thing before. You can't beat 36 to the gallon instead of 26.
It's a red un on a T plate and I'm in East Kent
I'll get some pics when the weather is better and I can polish it up a bit.
Oh and I couldn't resist the temptation to start making it a bit my own already changed the repeaters for smoked ones and I'm thinking on getting the switch lights etc changed to red.

Anways see you all about the place :)

Welcome along!

Glad you've discovered the surprise at how well they do drive :eek:k:

You'll find if you're careful that you'll be nudging 40mpg as well.

Looking forward to seeing the pictures.

Don't forget to have a look at the typical newbie question in this section,
-->click here<--

as well as the 'Frequently asked questions' section as well for all those annoying questions you may have.
-->click here<--

Happy driving

:)

Welcome, both to the site, and to Puma ownership.

You maybe discovered it a little late (The Puma, not the site) but you've a good few years yet of twisty road fun.

Hi and welcome to the site :)

Dal has covered most things but what's new!

Red would look very cool for the interior lighting if the right shade etc.

The first puma I was going to look at was red, but the guy decided to sell it to a relative before I even had a chance to look at it. <_< It does seem to be a rarer colour these days too unfortunately.

Have fun in it, and don't hesitate to ask us any questions if you've got any.

:eek:k:

Thanks for all the warm welcomes
the lights look like this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ford-Fiesta-Puma-" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... dZViewItem

I'm trying to work out if it's been lowered at the moment the springs look standard items ie not bright coloured but it seems to be sitting lower than some I've seen but then I see a pic of another and it looks about the same. i suppose pics of mine would help I'll get onto that as soon as I can.
I only saw it by accident I had driven past the dealers when going to look at another, which turned out to be sold by the time i got there. So I pulled in on the off chance on the way back and there were 4 Pumas on the lot.
2 silver, 1 black and the red un. The silver were out of my price range and the black had more miles on it. But there was something about the way the red un just stood out.
It's booked in to have the belts done next friday as I can find no evidence of it being done.

Hmm - get a picture up and we'll tell you if it's lowered or not.

The Eibach lowering springs are not some weird colour - just the standard black. They were a Ford option so it's possible they were on your car since new (Like mine were before I changed them)

Sometimes it's fate as to what car you get - like in 'Herbie' or 'transformers' :funny:

Metallic Purple? Cooool!

Mine were "road muck black" after 7 years of motoring! :funny:

They were removed from something similar (99% sure a puma) as they were a direct fit and only cost me £60 i think but they did look nice...bit of a shame to stuff em under the arches really!

Hi again.
Managed to get the Red un clean and get some pics whilst dodging the snow falling from the sky. I put them up in the members gallery I now don't think it has been lowered but any comments on that would be appreciated.

Just had a look, and I don't think yours is lowered.

If you have a look at the photo in this post >click me<
The first car is on props and lowered, you can see the wheels fit more snugly in the wheel arches.

Car looks good :eek:k: I do like a good red puma as you can get one hell of a shine going on them as there is no laquer layer over the paint.

Don't think yours is lowered. The front looks just a tiny bit lower than normal, but that could just be a tired spring. This is mine lowered with propellor alloy on the front.
DSC00375.jpg

Yours:
[albumimg]202[/albumimg]

Hey DAL whats your car doing with a prop on the front ????
your alloys are smart as fcuk, much nicer than the standard props

hey newbie, welcome along, red polishes up reeeeeel gud

Again thanks for all the answers.

Yes I can see the difference now, it wasn't helped by what is laughingly called a carpark at my flat being so uneven. I can see from the wheel to arch line now that it isn't lowered. Hmm possible tired springs that could be all the justification I need to get some new lower ones I do like the arches filled that bit better.

The red does look good polished but I'd forgotten how much work a non metallic could be to get looking shiny. Autoglym to the rescue. :eek:k:

P7TNY said:
Hey DAL whats your car doing with a prop on the front ????
your alloys are smart as fcuk, much nicer than the standard props

I was just putting one on to see what it looked like compared to my 17s.

I take my alloys off when I wash the car properly anyway, so putting a different one on was no biggy.

Magyrato said:
....Hmm possible tired springs that could be all the justification I need to get some new lower ones I do like the arches filled that bit better....

Want me to say something else to justify changing something else? :funny:

Back