hi puma owners my names ken hope you all well

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ken holman

dont now it any 1 can help my puma today start dieing as i was drive it it died to about tickover speed then wass allwright any 1 :)
thanks ken

Hi Ken,

Welcome to the site. it sounds like it could be one of the sensors.

What sort of speed in which gear were you travelling when it happened?

Does it happen often?

Hope you find the site useful and informative :eek:k:

Thanks,

Matt

Welcome Ken.

Throttle position sensor sound the likely culprit to me if it is randomly going to tickover speed, then ok again.

Have a look at this post:
http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?p=9261#9261" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good luck :)

ty guys will have a look today also how easy is it to replace a camsharft gasget thanks

hi mat the speed has been differant between 20 and 40 thanks

hi jasper i just sold my golf 02 did not like it 1 bit but this r reg puma is great

ok gratz guys cleaning the The Idle Control Valve done the job running like a pussy cat and the little sods nicked me spare wheel aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh what next but thanks guys

ken holman said:
dal how hard is it to change a camsharft gasget m8

HI Ken & welcome.

If you mean the Rocker cover gasket its quite easy,just take your time with it and you can't go wrong

hi m8 and thank you i have wet oil patches on both rear of ends of engine some 1 said might be camsharft gasget lol only had the puma 4 weeks stunning car some little probs like this could it be rocker cover thanks for your time ken also is there a club sticker i can buy great club

Hi Ken,

I sent you a PM re: rocker gasket...

For the URL stickers see this thread for details: HERE

We try to share what we know :eek:k:

Latest posts

Back