on going problems trying to fit leather seats into 1997 puma

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rsgrant08

Hi,ive had many problems trying to have these front seats,the mechanic said the floorpan is different form the one that seats come from and they cannot be fitted.Bought 2 top hat riser seat brackets,mech has just informed me that still wont work,please i need help with this or have i wasted my money buying this interior.

will the car needto be modified or something,i am running out of ideas.

rsgrant08 said:
Hi,ive had many problems trying to have these front seats,the mechanic said the floorpan is different form the one that seats come from and they cannot be fitted.Bought 2 top hat riser seat brackets,mech has just informed me that still wont work,please i need help with this or have i wasted my money buying this interior.

will the car needto be modified or something,i am running out of ideas.

Are you trying to fit post 2000 model seats into an older Puma?

I was told they were from a 98 but then a guy on here said that no 1998 pums had leather interior,so to be honest have no clue what year of car they were taken from

rsgrant08 said:
I was told they were from a 98 but then a guy on here said that no 1998 pums had leather interior,so to be honest have no clue what year of car they were taken from

Are they Recaros?

You will probably need to retain the original sub frames and swap them on to the new seats, there was a slight change to the floor plan layout on later cars.

Try and stick some pictures up, always easier to help if we can see what we are talking about.
Only other point I would add is that the standard leather covered seats are not very good for "enthusiastic" cornering as your bum will slide about due to the tyres having more grip on the road than your cheeks on the seat.

I'd be interested in an answer to this problem too as I want to fit a leather interior to my 1997 Puma, ideally the Recaro seats from a Millennium. Is it going to have to be the case that whatever leather interior I buy the easiest solution to fitting the front seats is to swap the runners/sub frame from my original seats onto the leather ones and, if so, is this a straight swap or is some fettling involved to get the frames to fit the seats?

Hi , i'm planning to buy these seats:

http://www.2ememain.be/auto-pieces-accessoires/accessoires/si%C3%A8ges/siege-recaro-ford-puma-270097910.html

Just like to know if these will fit well into my Puma 1997? Anyone knows?

I found this:

http://www.pumapeople.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=104253

Are there differences in the Recaro seats mountings? i guess i'll just have to go and check them out cause i can not see it in the pictures. Plz reply if anyone knows...

Early Pumas, Recaros and mk4 Fiestas used an adaptor between the floor and one of the seat rails.
They are often referred to as `Top Hats`
below is a pc of the two seat runners in place (stripped down)
[image]5365[/image]
The rusty looking thing is the top hat, they pop up on fleabay
Hope this is helpful, Stu..

TylerB said:
[post]346021[/post] Hi , i'm planning to buy these seats:

http://www.2ememain.be/auto-pieces-accessoires/accessoires/si%C3%A8ges/siege-recaro-ford-puma-270097910.html

Just like to know if these will fit well into my Puma 1997? Anyone knows?

My set of Recaros bolted straight in to my '97 Puma as they already have the top-hats on this age car.

Okay that's good to hear. I will go and check them out, since they look in good condition, thank you guys

I have a 1999 Puma and bought the full leather interior from a 2000 reg Puma - the seats were a straight swap.

The Recaro's fitted the '97 Puma without a problem! Thanks for the advice. Just had to change the mechanism of the driver's seat because it was broken (replaced it with the one from the original seat, the system is identical)

20160131_222308_zpsykizdjto.jpg

Still need to do the door panels.

_______________________________________________________________________________________
http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=29080

Latest posts

Back