Hello...

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rpm2902

Hi Puma peeps :grin:

I've just bought a silver 1.7 (X reg) and am loving it :grin:

The only problem is that the chap I bought it from didn't have the radio code.

Do Ford charge to give you the radio code? Is there another way of obtaining it?

Hi there!

Good to see you've got yourself one of Ford's best kept little secrets ;)

As for the code, If you slide the unit out from the dash and can let me know the Mxxxxxxx serial code, I can tell you what the 4 digit code will be. Or if you have the original CD player handbook, It may well be in there.

Ford normally do charge, but it shouldn't be that much. (I do it for free! :lol:)

Have a look here for typical new owner questions and answers:

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?t=22" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.projectpuma.com/viewforum.php?f=6" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Welcome to Projectpuma.

Thanks Dal

I've got the Audio handbook, but the radio code section hasn't been filled in...

I'll try and pull the cd player out at the weekend to get the serial No.

Thanks for the links.

I've booked her into Tremona next week to have a cam belt change (full kit) and also a new clutch.

As soon as that has been done I will be a happy chappy :grin:

Cambelt change? Wise move :eek:k:

Sometimes the Mxxxxxxx code is on the inside cover of the audio book. Might be worth a second look just incase.

It's easy enough to get the unit out the dash anyway. If you've not got the proper pins, a wire coat hanger cut up does the job.

Yeah... The previous owner had no proof that it had been done so, better safe than sorry.

I shall check when I get home tonight.

I think I have some two pronged stereo removal tools in my toolbox somewhere...

Hello and welcome! :eek:k:

Tremona has got an excellent reputation in the south, your puma will be in very good hands.

Hi and welcome. You seem to have done your homework with having a cambelt done hastily, one of the cars tradmarks to go.

Hi! Welcome to our corner :D

Enjoy your stay if you have any other questions then let us know!

Be sure to have a good look around :D

Well I have my Puma back now, along with a new clutch and cam belt kit.

She drives like a dream now :)

Richard at Tremona also sorted out my radio code for me and also fixed the passenger door card (it was hanging away from the door due to broken clips).

Thanks for the friendly welcome.

Back