hey

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ecamo55

hey the names ewan from angus area scotland good roads up here just bought a puma 1999 black 1.7 pick up on thursday few probems though remote key doesnt work read the guide on the this about change battery programming other probs the door open sign stays on when in car so dont know if sensor or any one know and its 70000 miles on clock but doesnt say when cambelt was done just service book stamped every 10.000 so prob needs done and looking at black alloys with red lip for it was wondering if 17s on it with nearly low profile tyres on it looks ok or lower it aswell if so do i gets 16,s not sure will get pics up when i get it cheers

Hello Ewan!

Your remote probably just needs a new battery. Did you get more than one key with the car?

Bonnet or boot sensor probably needs cleaning for the light to stay on.

Assume if the service book doesn't say the cambelt has done, that it hasn't. Knock the price down accordingly to account for that. £250-£350 is about right.

Not personally keen on black alloys, but that's just a matter of taste. 17's are ok, but will look a bit odd if the car isn't lowered. You need to make sure you've got the right offset too, otherwise they will rub on the arch linings at the front. The tyres do tend to wear out quicker due to the fact that the camber cannot be altered.

(just a tip too, try and use a little punctuation, makes things a bit easier to read :eek:k:)

Welcome Ewan! 8)

Black alloys on a black car will look cool... stealth...

Don't forget to look at the newbie questions and answers..

Hi welcome! Jasper lives in scotland too, he'll be about im sure. He's just had is first kid but come on, whats more important?! :)

hey

yea i got two keys so ill try that when i get it.

yea ill book in for service when i get it to get cambelt to get change it to be safe.

yea and ill double check before i get the alloys.

thanx all pics soon

DradusContact said:
Hi welcome! Jasper lives in scotland too, he'll be about im sure. He's just had is first kid but come on, whats more important?! :)

You are correct DC. I mean the bit about living in Scotland, dont the puma being more inportant the Jasper Jnr.

I am personally a big fan of black alloys as I love the look of them, so go for it.

Back